Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tough, but rewarding work

Guest post written by Matt Douglas


People often assume that working at an animal shelter is heartbreaking, but I think it’s worth it to see the animals that get adopted find happy and caring pet owners. I’ve always been an animal lover, so I’ve brought home more than my fair share of dogs and cats, too.


I had recently been feeling the effects of hearing loss and at the urging of my wife I actually did something about it. I found some great invisible hearing aids that seem to be working well without anyone noticing that I’m wearing them. I wear my hair very short so I knew that I wanted my hearing aids to be discreet.


Since getting them, I started to notice a lot of sounds that I was missing out on. Most obviously, I noticed the barking of the dogs a lot more. This also helped me be able to locate animals that needed extra care like more water when they barked, which I didn’t always catch before.



I’m just glad that I can be me attentive and comforting to these animals.

Note: I would like to thank the hearingaidsbymiracleear.com/ for supporting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment