Sunday, July 24, 2011

Mexican Ancestry

Thanks for the guest post by Esteban Vinson

I’m really big into culture and since my ancestors are Mexican, I do a lot to try to bring that influence into my everyday life. I took up Mexican dancing a few years back and now I’m flamencoing with the rest of them! I also took up Mexican food a few years back and my husband is happier than anyone – we’ve both gained a few pounds but I’ve really sharpened my skills! Nowadays I’m cooking so much we had to go to  to make sure our electricity bills weren’t too high. My daughter has also gotten really into the cultural side and decided to take Spanish this year at school which is something I wish I’d had the opportunity to do when I was her age. I like getting more in touch with our roots and I feel good being able to ask my parents questions about their parents – I would recommend anyone else who feels the same way do some research on their own cultural heritage and ancestry!

No comments:

Post a Comment