Sunday, November 28, 2010

Shopping in Two Places at Once


Contributed by Alva Bender


The Friday after Thanksgiving is the day I always get most of my Christmas shopping done. Known as "Black Friday," it's a day where a lot of businesses hold incredible sales on most of their merchandise. Usually my sister, her friend, my best friend and I break up the shopping into two shopping areas. After making sure to set our home security alarm from http://www.securitychoice.com, my sister heads to the Spectrum mall with her friend while my friend and I hits the boutiques and electronic stores. This way we can essentially be in two places at the same time. We usually have an idea of things that we want by going shopping together during Thanksgiving week. Thanks to camera phones and whatnot, we can always get input on something if a situation were to arise. So far we've been doing this for four years now and I think we've only had to return or exchange an item three or four times. I definitely recommend that other Black Friday shoppers try this in order to reduce the amount of time spent in line or commuting. Before, we'd all go together and end up finding that a lot of the items in the second location we went to were already sold out. You basically are the 1st shoppers in two different spots. It helps that we all live together.

No comments:

Post a Comment