Monday, November 22, 2010

Sandwich Shack


Thanks to Mae Bullock


I work in a call center for a national cell phone carrier. It can get pretty mundane, but the pay and benefits package makes it all worth while. Since I have been there for a while, I have a pretty decent schedule that rarely interferes with my plans. I start early in the morning, so my lunch hour normally falls around noon. When it is nice outside, I like to pack a lunch and take a book with me. I will enjoy about 50 minutes outside either reading or just watching the world around me. If it is supposed to be a cold or rainy day, then I will go around the corner to the Sandwich Shack. The pizza there is by far the best I have ever had, though they make a pretty decent sandwich too. I tend to lose track of time when I'm there because there are so many things to do. I can play old fashioned pin ball machines while I wait for the pizza to cook. If it's a Sunday, I will watch the NFL pregame shows on the Shack's Direct TV satellite offers. Sometimes, I even bring a book in with me if I am reading one that is really good. I'm just glad my boss is pretty liberal with our time sheets since I do tend to go over my time when I go to the Shack.

No comments:

Post a Comment