Saturday, October 23, 2010

Transformers

Author: Elias Massey


I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that Transformers the animated movie was being shown on satellite tv from www.ExpertSatellite.com. I didn't care for the live action renditions of the series as they were more about the computer graphics than the storyline. This film however is a classic of all classics featuring the changing of the guard from the Optimus Prime and Megatron era transformers to the Rodimus Prime and Galvatron era transformers. I remember being apprehensive at first when I found out the shift to new robots and a focus to the robots on Cybertron instead of on Earth, but all my doubts were silenced with this incredible movie. We learn to like this young hero as Hot Rod who is thrust into the unlikely position of hero after the deaths of the venerable Optimus Prime and the downfall Ultra Magnus. While I still prefer Megatron over his upgrade to Galvatron, it just made sense for the story to proceed with him being a envoy for Unicron, the planet eating Transformer. I think it was poignant to have so many of our favorite autobots perish and for everything to seemingly be doomed before Hot Rod uses the Matrix in order to transform to Rodimus Prime while Stan Bush's "The Touch" plays in the background. I still get chills whenever I get a chance to hear that song.

No comments:

Post a Comment