Saturday, October 30, 2010

Teaching hockey fundamentals

Guest post written by Joe Holloway


It takes a lot of control to try to have the patience to teach people how to do things taht you're so used to doing so they seem super natural to you. Well, now I know how to do that because I'm coaching youth hockey. My mom always joked that I came out of the womb chasing the puck so coaching seemed like a natural fit for me.


I found out that a local youth league was trying to expand and they needed new coaches when I was online with my Chicago Clear Wireless Internet and talking to one of my buddies that I played hockey with growing up. It ends up that his son plays in it and he thought that I would be great for the job.


The other day I was leading hockey practice and trying to show the kids how to do a deception and it was a little frustrating because they just weren't getting the hang of it. I think that when I have kids of my own IÕm going to have loads of patience to use on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment