Thursday, September 22, 2011

UT-Pan American


Contribution by Kennith Griffin

Have you ever heard of Edinburg, Texas? I hadn’t either until two weeks ago when I found out that we would be moving there. My husband is a professor and will be teaching adjunct and working on a research project at the University of Texas- Pan American that is located in Edinburg. I have been trying to do as much research as I can about the town and the area. So far, all I have learned about is UT and the Rio Grande Bible Institute. I have also found information on Edinburg Electricity Providers, but other than that—nada. I am nervous about moving so far away from our family in New Hampshire. I know that life is going to be very different. For one thing, I don’t have a job in Edinburg yet. I have started to submit applications, but probably won’t hear from anyone for the next couple of month. The other thing that I am going to have to get used to is the Texas heat. We are going to be at the southern most tip of Texas. That means that we won’t see any snow! Boy, I’m really going to miss seasons!

No comments:

Post a Comment