Saturday, December 4, 2010

Julianna Margulies


Written by my friend Constance Hayden


I am a television addict, so it is hard to believe that I have not seen Julianna Margulies on a regular basis until I started to watch The Good Wife. I have heard good things about her, but I was still pleasantly surprised when I started to watch the first season of the legal drama last year. She has so many qualities that I find admirable. She carries herself with such a presence and has a sharp wit about her as well. I make it a point to never miss her show on Tuesday nights. I will get the kids bathed and ready for bed, then the rest of the night is mine. I will turn my direct tv on and watch NCIS: Los Angeles and then The Good Wife. I like that she is not the perfect woman. Too many television shows try to portray a perfect character and it just falls flat for me. I want someone with imperfections. I want someone who occasionally does the wrong thing. I want someone who doesn't have all of the answers. Julianna Margulies offers all of that and more with her portrayal of a wife who is juggling a cheating husband, being the spotlight, two children, and a new career. She handles it all with grace and humility so it's hard to not like her or the character she portrays.

No comments:

Post a Comment