Saturday, May 2, 2009

Banana Nut Bread

A couple of months ago I found this recipe from an old Good Housekeeping magazine. I tried to make it last week. At first I was worried that it might not come out right but it was good. Some of my friend at work liked it. Now I will share the recipe you might want to try it. It is very simple and I am sure your kiddos will like it.


1 cup sugar
½ cup butter (1 stick) softened
2 large eggs
3 bananas, slice
2 cup all purpose flour
½ cup pecans, chopped
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt

1. Grease 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 metal loaf pan.

2. Cream sugar with butter. Mix in eggs, bananas, flour, pecans, baking soda, and salt. Pour into prepared pan.

3. Place loaf pan in cold oven. Set oven control to 300 degrees F and bake banana bread 1 ½ hours or until toothpick or skewer inserted in center come out clean.

4. Cool bread in pan 5 minutes on wire rack. Then remove from pan and cool completely, right side up.

No comments:

Post a Comment